A great patio can often become the centerpiece of your home, serving as a gathering place for family and friends; a welcoming spot to enjoy an afternoon nap; or a quiet evening retreat to simply enjoy the view. If you’re looking to upgrade your patio, there are many beautiful concrete options available, including painting or staining an existing patio surface or even redesigning a whole new outdoor living space.
Patio Upgrade Options
These days there are ample options when it comes to upgrading and improving your concrete patio design. Depending on the patio you currently have, your budget, and the scope of the project you have in mind, you can create a patio and backyard area you’re truly proud of in less time than you might imagine. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Reimagine your patio design. If you don’t love your patio or the way it’s designed is not functional for your family, perhaps it’s time to consider a complete renovation. Our design team can help you bring your ideas to life so your patio becomes a useful and desirable outdoor living area.
- Add a patio cover. A common upgrade for many patios is to add a cover, giving the patio the feel of an outdoor room. Installing a cover will allow you to enjoy your patio while protecting you and your guests from the elements.
- Screen in your patio. This is a larger project to consider, but well worth the effort. Screening in your patio can provide many benefits, from creating an additional room attachment for your home to offering year-round use of your patio by screening out insects, pests, and inclement weather.
- Stain or paint your concrete patio. This is one of the easier projects you can take on, but it can have a significant visual impact. If your concrete is old, worn or stained, our experts can consult with you to give your entire patio a fresh new look.
- Install fans or heating. Installing fans on your patio will allow you to enjoy your patio even on the hottest summer days. Likewise, adding heating to your patio can allow you to sit outside even when the weather gets cooler.
When it comes to creating a patio space that is comfortable and inviting, there are a lot of options to consider. It’s a good idea to start with the basics by ensuring your concrete base is as attractive and durable as possible. Our experts can help you think through all the details from concrete walkways and raised seating areas to decorative finishes that add personality and flair.